Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vampire!





With the looming Halloween season I have been in the mood for spooky stuff. So for today's image I drew a vampire. I went for a more classic Stoker style vampire over the sparkly metrosexual look they have been reduced to of late. People like to have these romantic ideals of immortal cursed and lonely souls, but really they are vicious bloodthirsty killers with no remorse, only an overwhelming desire to kill and feed. 


For this lovely chap, I decided on a bestial blend of man and bat. I also added some spotting to his skin and the membranes of his wings. I thought it added a bit of texture to the creature. I also added the windblown hair to add some counter-movement to the piece. the rest of him is angled forward and down, so the hair balances him by going back and up.


That's enough rambling for now. This probably won't be the last monster you see this month...




2 comments:

  1. Really nice drawing, Sterling, and I like the thought you put into this picture to give it 'balance'. And as someone forced into watching all the Twilight films, it's nice to see someone doing something different with vampires!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart felt sympathy goes out to you and every other boyfriend/husband who has had to sit through those films.

    ReplyDelete