Friday, December 3, 2010

Breakthrough



For today's drawing I have drawn a picture of a Lion Clan Samurai from the Legend of the Five Rings CCG/RPG. My brother introduced me to this game back when it first came out 15 years ago. I loved the setting, having always been interested by Japan, but the complete lack of gaming in my area kept me from playing.

Recently I have been able to finally pick up the game and try it out. The game is based on a fantasy japan-like setting featuring warring Samurai Clans. The Lion Clan is the right hand of the Emperor and embodies the Bushido Code.

I decided to draw a mid-level Samurai, Not a major hero-type, but a solid 2nd-in-command type of character. I chose a less ornate style for his armor, going for something a bit more utilitarian.

I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment